An individual performing the role of a Senior Automation Tester will support the business requirements for the provision of testing services. The individual will be responsible for initially identifying and subsequently defining the required tests, monitoring the test coverage and evaluating the overall quality experienced when testing the target test items. This role also involves specifying the required test data and evaluating the outcome of the testing conducted in each test cycle. You must have extensive experience in Automation Testing.
Role minimum requirements:
- Grade 12 with ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst certificate.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in Automation Testing with strong Selenium experience.
- Ability to lead and guide junior level test analysts.
- Ability to learn and master new technologies with a technical and business aptitude.
- Excellent MS Office product knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal skills with intermediate written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have attention to detail, be adaptable, self-motivated and be a collaborative team player.
- Ability to multitask across different projects.
- Ability to function under pressure.
Role recommended requirements
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with: Test analysis, design, implementation, execution and closure activities.
- Experience in Selenium
- Experience with Agile SCRUM and Azure Dev Ops (Visual Studio Team Services)
- Tools and systems experience recommended – Test Manager, Visual Studio, SoapUI, Postman, Junit, Jmeter, Fiddler etc.
- Experience with SQL or Mongo databases and queries.
- Own transport and up to date driver’s license.
The role’s main responsibilities will at least be the following (but not limited to):
design and write programs that run automatic tests on new or existing software – an essential part of the software development cycle. They use automation frameworks (standardised guidelines) to build these programs on and write test scripts that do the testing. Different test automation developers specialise in particular automation tools, such as Selenium.
- designing and writing test automation scripts
- creating test automation frameworks using Selenium
- investigating problems in software as a result of testing
- working with QA analysts and software developers to find solutions
- To undertake or take part in all relevant test related activities (planning, analysis, design, implementation, execution, closure) in support of the business requirements / PBIs for the provision of new and modified systems.
- To attend workshops/sprint sessions comprising business and or technical representatives to cover test-dependent activities such as requirement verification and prioritisation, test scenario identification and general matters.
- To ensure that test scenarios and scripts are prepared in a structured way, prioritised to reflect business or technical priorities and are approved by appropriate stakeholders.
- To ensure test coverage by means of liaising with all relevant stakeholders.
- To undertake smoke/sanity checks after deployments to ensure that only ‘fit-for-purpose’ code is delivered into the test environments that are owned by the test team.
- To ensure that the scope is covered by means of the test cycle contents and regression packs.
- To create allocated test scripts, perform test execution and ensure results are recorded.
- To capture the appropriate defects in relation to the failed test cases.
- To co-ordinate re-testing of defects and issues.
- To take responsibility for: time management; reporting and monitoring; risk management; issue management; quality assurance and change management.
- To lead and guide junior level test analysts.
- To review the test artefacts generated by junior level test analysts.
- To support other test team members where necessary with the implementation of testing related activities.
- Work closely with the Development teams to QA new releases.
- To carry out other tasks as agreed with the Test Manager.