As Systems Architect you will develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that systems support the organization’s business requirements and meet the needs of end users. Define systems requirements based on user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms.
Define technical standards and functionality tests. May develop specifications, prototypes, or initial user guides. Solve business problems with available technology including hardware, software, databases, and peripherals. Requires high level of diverse technical experience related to studying and analysing systems needs, systems development, systems process analysis, design, and re-engineering
Role minimum requirements:
- A BSc IT degree or similar.
- 7+ years of solid experience in the field or in related area.
- Own transport and up to date driver’s license.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- The Architect may specialize in infrastructure, data or business intelligence (BI).
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Can lead and direct the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
- Ability to multitask across different projects.
Role recommended requirements
- The role’s recommended requirements are: Experience in following: TOGAF, UML, Code maps, Layer diagrams, DSL.
- Experience using Visual Studio and TFS beneficial.
- Experience using .Net Micro Framework, MQTT, Web sockets, device protocol, and SCADA knowledge beneficial.
- Top level technical expert supporting unlimited end user groups or teams.
- Works with user groups or teams to solve business problems with available technology including hardware, software, databases, and peripherals.
- Requires high level of diverse technical experience related to studying and analysing systems needs, systems development, systems process analysis, design, and re-engineering.
- Possess skills and experience related to business management, systems engineering, operations research, and management engineering.
- Possess specialization in a particular software or business application utilized in an end user environment.
- Specialize in infrastructure, data or business intelligence (BI).
- Clarify user stories, business rules, and other requirements and help ensure their consistency by drawing UML diagrams such as use case, activity, and class diagrams.
- Model the large-scale structure of your software system and the design patterns by drawing UML component, class, and sequence diagrams.
- Define and enforce constraints on dependencies between the components of your code by creating layer diagrams.
- Validate code dependencies with layer diagrams that describe the intended architecture and prevent changes that might conflict with the design.
- Put code maps, modelling projects, UML diagrams, and layer diagrams under Team Foundation version control so you can share them.
- Make your design more responsive to requirements changes and easily variable across a product line.
- Adapt models to how your project uses them by defining additional properties for UML elements, validation constraints to make sure that your models conform to your business rules, and additional menu commands and toolbox items.
- Attention to detail is essential and all tasks must be carried out to the highest standard.