We are looking for an individual who can guide our development teams on how the Company should develop our products to make easy for our customers to use.
This will include, the design of new features (User Interface), as well as the re-design of existing User Interfaces. The aim is to get a consistent user experience across all our products, across web-based and mobile interfaces.
The person must also have a keen eye for the use of graphics; not necessarily have to design graphics but know how graphics and colours work together.
It requires someone that is very knowledgeable about User Experience Design, User Interface Design, and have a very strong leadership style in order to lead in all developer, and architect workshops to achieve the desired outcome.
You will combine interfaces and workflows to enhance user experience.
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Create personas through user research and data
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Work with UI designers to implement attractive designs
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
- Proven experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer or similar role
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Background in project management and research
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Proficient in design software (e.g. UX Pin, Balsamiq)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Analytical mind with a business acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc in Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
In this role, you should be an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems. A strong portfolio of successful UX and other technical projects is essential.
Ultimately, you will make our product more user-friendly and intuitive to attract and retain customers.