The Future of Agriculture
The agricultural sector is stuck in the mud. Ready to put your farm in your pocket, and future-proof your operations?
The future of farming relies heavily on productivity. Ever-increasing demand in a highly competitive sector pushes technology to the forefront for farmers. Knowing how a farm, and all the components that, collectively, make up its ecosystem, are functioning and developing at all times is more important than ever. We’ve seen how technology can positively impact agriculture, specifically autonomous equipment and bio-farming practices.
The stumbling block for many farmers now is bringing all their new technology, systems and devices together into one interconnected system, to cut out time spend dealing with various vendors and unlock the full value of their operation.
Benefits of IoT for Agriculture
- Digitised value and supply chains allowing for produce to be tracked and traced from source to retail shelf, delivering quality control and the ability to immediately identify problem areas at production source.
- By connecting all legacy machinery warehousing and packaging plants can be more productive and efficient.
- Use of power, management of irrigation, pumps, dam levels, water required at production plants are all aspects of energy use that can be managed in real time and changed seamlessly for exceptional cost savings and improved efficiency.
- Tracking of livestock to monitor health and feeding patterns.
- To allow for planning over peak and reduced activity times.
[/fusion_text][fusion_title margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=”” size=”1″ content_align=”left” style_type=”default” sep_color=””]
What sets us apart
- Simple customisation and configuration of the product suite
- API-led integration methodology
- Agile digital transformation is key – Disrupt or be disrupted
- Unprecedented ROI
- Future-proof digital transformation strategies
- Enables client to deploy best of breed technology
- Allows business to leverage off existing infrastructure
- Immediate business process impact
“IoT.nxt accelerated the digitalisation of our business, offering us a scalable solution that provided us with a holistic view of our business processes and the ability to deploy changes in real time, benefiting overall business efficiency greatly.”
– Eric Croeser, Manager Mining Exxaro Resources, NBC Coal
In 2016, IoT.nxt was recognised by both Gartner and Davinci TT100 for innovation. We are recognised by Microsoft as being one of the leading IoT players in their partner programme and are a Deloitte Preferred Partner for the deployment of digital IoT solutions in Africa, Europe and developing regions in Canada, US, Mexico and Europe.
This year, we were invited to take part in the Collision Conference in New Orleans, to discuss issues affecting the global IoT sector.
The IoT.nxt Advantage
Our IoT solution allows our clients to rapidly transform their businesses and move into the digital age.
The digitisation of our world is fundamentally changing the way we interact with everything around us. Central to this transformation is data which, using IoT, can be unlocked in real time cutting out the inherent latency that typically accompanies data transfer and consolidating different formats of data residing in various parts of businesses.
Improved network reliability and capability, along with cloud-based Big Data engines and machine learning technologies, create more accessible and complete data feeds and, ultimately, more accurate and dynamic predictive algorithmic models.
We believe the solution for handling all this data, the associated costs and data security lies in edge computing and intelligent gateway technology.
Correctly implemented, these core digitisation technologies lay the foundation required for true transformation, obviating risks and potential data overload on networks.
The performance of Big Data technology is highly dependent on the correct implementation of Internet of Things technology – the ability to connect devices, sensors, machines, and ‘all things’ to a network or Internet. Successfully achieving this connectivity in real-time enables more to be fed into our cloud-based predictive models with the data they need to churn out insightful trends. This, combined with cognitive analytics and AI, shifts us into a new paradigm.