Job Title/Reporting to
Content Creator in the Professional Partner Management team, located in Centurion, Pretoria
We are looking for a talented technical writer to help create and build out a modern documentation and user assistance infrastructure. You will be a core part of the Partner Enablement team, working closely with engineering, product marketing, product management team and other departments to create resources that don’t just document what the product does, but accelerates a user from novice to power user.
You’ll produce a variety of top-quality learning materials such as technical documentation, infographics, screenshot markups, and training videos.
As a successful Technical Writer at IoT.nxt, you need to be motivated, passionate, and thrive in the fast-paced culture of a dynamic and constantly evolving company. You need strong writing skills, the ability to synthesize technical content from an SME and create training materials that clearly explain the topic/task to end users based on their persona. We like to move quickly and win together, so as a self-starter you need to thrive under pressure and enjoys team success.
Key Result Areas (Major Accountabilities)
- Work with product managers, product marketing, and engineers to produce and maintain world-class documentation, including User Guides, Integration Guides, API Developer Guides, In platform documentation (tooltips, welcome instructions, etc.).
- Build and maintain client aids that go beyond traditional documentation, such as online video, demos, guided tours, and other educational techniques.
- Learn complex concepts and communicate the information in a way that is engaging and understood by users.
- Gather customer feedback on documentation to improve usability.
- Act as an editor to ensure consistency in training documentation across all verticals.
- Monitor metrics on the usage of training materials as well as direct customer feedback to prioritize future training investments.
- Write for a variety of audiences, from non-technical end users to programmers, system administrators, and integrators.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with some of the following technical writing software tools is preferred:
- Adobe Robohelp
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Microsoft Visio
- Kingsoft WPS Office
- Adobe Framemaker
- Ability to analyse and synthesize complex content.
- The ability to innovate and improve upon current processes.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- A positive attitude, willing to jump in and tackle new challenges.
- Strong technical aptitude–ability to quickly Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills in English.
- Desire and ability to innovate and improve upon current processes.
- Experience in owning an end-to-end documentation creation process.
- Experience working cross-departmentally to communicate the nuts and bolts of a product Creativity and graphic design skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications and experience working with content in multiple mediums.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in English, Communication, or Journalism, or alternatively:
- Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent coupled with demonstrable copywriting experience.
- Change Management
- Develops workable implementation plans.
- Communicates changes effectively.
- Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Monitors transition and evaluate results.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others.
- Inspires respect and trust.
- Accepts feedback from others.
- Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Makes timely decisions.
- Sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Measures self against standard of excellence.
Values and Behaviours:
- We are honest and respect each other.
- We challenge issues but honour commitments.
- We believe that innovation is a way of life.
- We have a passion to win; a freedom to fail; but only once for the same reason.
- We take responsibility for our actions; we are accountable for achieving results and we take ownership of our mistakes.
- We do the right thing for the right reason.
- We are part of the solution, not part of the problem.
- We are fearless with nerves of steel.
- We believe in teamwork and partnership.
- We are diverse yet united.
- We are involved yet independent.
- We believe in learning and continuous improvement.
Remuneration & Benefits:
- Annual Salary CTC
- Wellness Programs
- Flexible / Remote Working