Job Title/Reporting to
Data Scientist reporting to the TBC located in Centurion, Pretoria
The role of an experienced Data Scientist is to leverage vast amounts of data and deliver insight on a daily basis. The job incumbent will have the mathematical and statistical expertise you’d expect, but a natural curiosity and creative mind. As you wrangle, interpret, and clean data, we will rely on you to ask questions, connect the dots, and uncover opportunities that lie hidden within—all with the ultimate goal of realising the data’s full potential. This role forms a part of IoT and AI specialists and leverage your expertise to create new solutions for the future.
Key Result Areas (Major Accountabilities)
- Work as data scientist, identifying and integrating new datasets that can be leveraged through our product capabilities
- Work closely with the business and engineering teams to strategize and execute the development of new products
- Execute analytical experiments methodically to help solve various problems and make a true impact across various domains and industries
- Identify relevant data sources to mine for client business needs, and collect large structured and unstructured datasets and variables
- Devise and utilise algorithms and models to leverage big data stores, perform data and error analysis to improve models, and clean and validate data for uniformity and accuracy
- Analyse data for trends and patterns, and Interpret data with a clear objective in mind
- Implement analytical models into production by collaborating with software engineers and developers
- Communicate analytic solutions to stakeholders and implement improvements as needed to operational systems
- Collaborate with business and product engineering to develop an understanding of needs
- Research and devise innovative statistical models for data analysis
- Communicate findings to all stakeholders
- Enable smarter business processes—and implement analytics for meaningful insights
- Keep current with technical and industry developments
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- A solid working knowledge of frameworks like Sci-kit learn, Pandas, Tensorflow, Keras, Pytorch etc
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies
- Fundamental understanding of hypothesis testing and experimental design
- Proficiency with data wrangling, mathematics and statistical analysis
- Advanced pattern recognition and predictive modelling experience
- Experience with time series forecasting and anomaly detection experience
- Coding ability with Python and SQL
- Ability to work on ongoing, concurrent projects
- Three years plus working experience in data science
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, statistics, applied math or related preferred
- Develops workable implementation plans.
- Communicates changes effectively.
- Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Monitors transition and evaluate results.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others.
- Inspires respect and trust.
- Accepts feedback from others.
- Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Makes timely decisions.
- Sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Values and Behaviours:
- We are honest and respect each other.
- We challenge issues but honour commitments.
- We believe that innovation is a way of life.
- We have a passion to win; a freedom to fail; but only once for the same reason.
- We take responsibility for our actions; we are accountable for achieving results and we take ownership of our mistakes.
- We do the right thing for the right reason.
- We are part of the solution, not part of the problem.
- We are fearless with nerves of steel.
- We believe in teamwork and partnership.
- We are diverse yet united.
- We are involved yet independent.
- We believe in learning and continuous improvement.
Remuneration & Benefits:
- Annual Salary CTC
- Wellness Programs
- Flexible / Remote Working