Job Title/Reporting to
Head of Supply Chain reporting to the CFO located in Centurion, Pretoria
The Head of Department (HOD) will be accountable for developing and implementing the Supply Chain Strategy, Supply Chain Business plan and Risk Management. Deploys processes and tools that support continuous compliance and controls are in place in an efficient and effective manner. Digitalisation is essential to continuously transform and set up ecosystems to integrate all Supply Chain processes and procedures through strategic business partnering. Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation. Leads, inspires and manages SCM teams whether physically located together or virtual teams. Develop a supply chain ecosystem that constantly improves the company BBBEE score through empowered supply chain.
Key Result Areas (Major Accountabilities)
- Developing and facilitating the implementation of the Supply Chain and Logistics Strategy, Supply Chain Risk Management and Business Plans;
- Strategic business partnering, sourcing, manufacturing and assembly, quality control etc.
- The design and implementation of a global RMA process
- Conducting Supply Chain gap analysis for continuous improvements;
- Customer centric oriented (Internal and External);
- Liaising and advising HODs and EXCO regarding Supply Chain activities;
- Maintaining and enhancing Supply Chain internal control systems;
- Ensuring compliance with legislation in all territories that IoT.nxt operates, SA PFMA and Treasury regulations;
- Participating in Financial Year-end planning, Year end audits and resolving audit queries;
- Leading and inspiring Supply Chain team
- Driving activities that promote transformation and our BBBEE targets for Preferential Procurement, Supplier and Enterprise Development
- Delivering cost savings and constant improvement in working capital
- SCM operational excellence
- Spend and demand management
- Supplier relationship and performance management
- Health and safety in the supply chain
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- ERP understanding (SAP)
- Procurement best practice
- Imports and exports
- Tech industry
- Logistics and procurement
- Corporate governance
- Good understanding of financial management
- Extensive SAP system knowledge
- Proficient in Google Office Suite – Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail, etc.
- E-sourcing/e-Auction solutions
- Advanced negotiation
- Management of physical and remote teams
- Strategic thinker
- Business partnering
- Strong interpersonal skills
- 7 years plus Supply Chain experience
- 4 years plus people management experience
- Extensive Logistics experience, globally
- Extensive procurement experience
- Extensive experience within the tech industry
- Experience in transformation projects.
- At a minimum, a professional qualification in Supply Chain / Logistics
- Develops workable implementation plans.
- Communicates changes effectively.
- Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Monitors transition and evaluate results.
- Embraces change with flexibility and collaboration
- Exhibits confidence in self and others.
- Inspires respect and trust.
- Accepts feedback from others.
- Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Coaches and mentors
- Leads within a fast paced, constantly changing complex environment and be able to make necessary changes on an ongoing basis
- Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Makes timely decisions.
- Sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Values and Behaviours:
- We are honest and respect each other.
- We challenge issues but honour commitments.
- We believe that innovation is a way of life.
- We have a passion to win; a freedom to fail; but only once for the same reason.
- We take responsibility for our actions; we are accountable for achieving results and we take ownership of our mistakes.
- We do the right thing for the right reason.
- We are part of the solution, not part of the problem.
- We are fearless with nerves of steel.
- We believe in teamwork and partnership.
- We are diverse yet united.
- We are involved yet independent.
- We believe in learning and continuous improvement.