Job Title/Reporting to
IoT Product Lead reporting to the MD of IoT.nxt located in Centurion, Pretoria.
As the IoT Product Executive at IoT.nxt, you will engage in the research, design, development, testing and productization (commercials, collateral, etc) required for the advancement of our global operation. You will be a key player in the development and deployment of the IoT product roadmap, the end-to-end architecture and the need to be capable of working through technical challenges by employing pragmatic solutions.
You will be responsible for a seamless delivery of value propositions based on vast amounts of data and help us make smarter decisions. You will need to establish a clear view of the local requirements and develop appropriate global solutions accordingly while maintaining a constant focus on product quality and improvement. This includes all the required technical certifications for products to be exported globally.
Active collaboration with various other departments (marketing, technical specialists, R&D, IT, etc.) to bring smart concepts into production will be a critical requirement.
The ideal candidate will have a background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at executive level, as well as a technical background to work with both our engineering teams and customers building solutions with our tools.
Key Result Areas (Major Accountabilities)
- Define product strategy and roadmap.
- Conduct feasibility study and business case.
- Define market and product requirements with prioritized features and corresponding justification.
- Drive results of product launch.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnership opportunities.
- Work with internal teams to develop, launch, and maintain products.
- Develop core positioning, value proposition, key message, and specification of a product.
- Set pricing, analyze profitability, optimize cost.
- Forecast revenue, set cost budget, and plan resources to support revenue target.
- IoT Industry Verticals.
- IoT Custom Development Team.
- IoT Core Development Teams.
- IoT Business Analyst/Solution Architect.
- Users, Channels.
- Third Party Software suppliers.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Solid enterprise negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen.
- Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Ability to prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team.
- Strong ownership and bias for action; ability to internalize goals and work independently to create appropriate action plans for those goals.
- Meticulous attention to detail: ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering your quality bar.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization.
- Excellent business judgement and the demonstrated ability to think and act both strategically and tactically.
- Industry Experience in one of the target industries: Oil & Gas, Resource and Mining, Utilities and Energy, Engineering and Construction, Smart Cities, or Healthcare and Life Sciences.
- A deep understanding of key IoT concepts and technologies.
- Experience with cloud technologies.
- Experience with machine learning.
- Interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Must have a passion for infrastructure setup and configuration.
- Must have a passion for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
- Computer competency, critical thinking, problem solving, close listening, clear verbal and written communication.
- 5+ years’ experience within a product specialist role.
- Solid experience within IoT.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology or Engineering qualification preferred.
- Develops workable implementation plans.
- Communicates changes effectively.
- Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Monitors transition and evaluate results.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others.
- Inspires respect and trust.
- Accepts feedback from others.
- Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Makes timely decisions.
- Sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Values and Behaviours:
- We are honest and respect each other.
- We challenge issues but honour commitments.
- We believe that innovation is a way of life.
- We have a passion to win; a freedom to fail; but only once for the same reason.
- We take responsibility for our actions; we are accountable for achieving results and we take ownership of our mistakes.
- We do the right thing for the right reason.
- We are part of the solution, not part of the problem.
- We are fearless with nerves of steel.
- We believe in teamwork and partnership.
- We are diverse yet united.
- We are involved yet independent.
- We believe in learning and continuous improvement.
Remuneration & Benefits:
- Annual Salary CTC
- Wellness Programs
- Flexible / Remote Working