IoT Pre Sales Engineer to the IoT? located in Centurion, Pretoria
We are looking for a seasoned, hardworking, smart and over achieving Sales Engineer with proven experience and a passion for selling technology solutions to senior executives.
Key Result Areas (Major Accountabilities)
- Works deals assigned to the sales team supported, prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit, or as directed by the sales manager.
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for
both the customer and the firm.
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customer firm. Adapts solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support.
- Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support, and service resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements.
- Secures from customer technical staff commitments needed to ensure a deal’s “technical close.”
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines, market areas, channel, or teams supported.
- Provides coaching and professional development to team member sales associates inorder to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Opportunistically pursues additional business development opportunities within customer firms. Collaborates with sales to ensure these opportunities are effectively covered and
- Monitors customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, and alerts the sales and account teams to potential risks of deal closure.
- Achieves assigned productivity and profitability quotas.
- Maintains deal through-put in early deal-sales process steps.
- Achieves product growth targets for the assigned geography, channel, sales team, or account base.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Reports to the Director of Sales Engineering.
- Reports on a dotted-line basis to the sales team manager for the team supported.
- Works closely and collaboratively with the sales and account teams supported.
- This position may be assigned to support a geography or one
more named account teams.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Ability to creatively explain and present complex concepts in an easy to understand manner.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and creativity skills
- Willingness to travel
- Proven work experience as a Sales Engineer
- Proven track record selling complex enterprise solutions
- Ability to forge strong, long-lasting relationships with senior executives
- Minimum six years of sales or sales engineering experience in
a business-to-business, large/strategic customer segment; or
- A record of achievement and technical solution expertise in a
comparable sales role.
- Product certification, engineering credential, or equivalent
- technical credential.
BA/BS degree or equivalent, preferably with a numeracy base
- Develops workable implementation plans.
- Communicates changes effectively.
- Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Monitors transition and evaluate results.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others.
- Inspires respect and trust.
- Accepts feedback from others.
- Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Makes timely decisions.
- Sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Values and Behaviours:
- We are honest and respect each other.
- We challenge issues but honour commitments.
- We believe that innovation is a way of life.
- We have a passion to win; a freedom to fail; but only once for the same reason.
- We take responsibility for our actions; we are accountable for achieving results and we take ownership of our mistakes.
- We do the right thing for the right reason.
- We are part of the solution, not part of the problem.
- We are fearless with nerves of steel.
- We believe in teamwork and partnership.
- We are diverse yet united.
- We are involved yet independent.
- We believe in learning and continuous improvement.
Remuneration & Benefits:
- Annual Salary CTC
- Wellness Programs
- Flexible / Remote Working