Job Title/Reporting to
Product/ Project Manager reporting to the Head of Project Management located in Centurion, Pretoria.
To drive business change that delivers value through the structured implementation and delivery of projects against time, resource, money and scope constraints. You will also engage in the design, development, testing and related operations needed in the implementation and continuous improvement of various platforms and technology across our global organisation.
You will be responsible for a seamless delivery of value propositions based on vast amounts of data and help us make smarter decisions. You will need to establish a clear view of the local requirements and develop appropriate global solutions accordingly while maintaining a constant focus on product quality and improvement.
This includes active collaboration with various other departments (marketing, technical specialists, R&D, IT, etc.) to bring smart concepts into production.
Key Result Areas (Major Accountabilities)
Project Management responsibilities:
- Build and manage the end-to-end project plan, and monitor/report progress. Effectively manage scope and dependencies. Identify risks and issues and proactively resolve/mitigate them. Ensure that the project is delivered to time, cost and quality.
- Ensure that business outcomes are defined, approved, and delivered. Be responsible for benefits realisation, and ensure that benefits are delivered in the best way possible.
- Support strong governance, aligned with the overall governance, and ensure that timely decisions are taken.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with project stakeholders.
- This role is focused on supporting the Programmer team to successfully implement and embed an innovative new agile delivery methodology within Three''s data and analytics function, in collaboration with the broader business.
Product Management responsibilities:
- Conduct feasibility studies and business cases.
- Define market and product requirements with prioritized features and corresponding justification.
- Drive results of product launch.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnership opportunities.
- Work with internal teams to develop, launch, and maintain products.
- Develop core positioning, value proposition, key message, and specification of a product.
- Set pricing, analyze profitability, optimize cost.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Knowledge of Agile project management principles
- Broad knowledge of the tech or telecoms industry
- Experience of innovation initiatives
- Valid driver's license Willing to travel Ability to work under pressure
- Matric & Degree
- 5-7 years of experience in Project Management activities
- Extensive experience within the Tech industry
- Highly proficient in Project Management principles, methods, techniques and tools
- Highly numerate, with strong financial management
- Strong supplier & people management skills
- Agile/SCRUM (Certified SCRUM master preferred)
- Experience working with East Africa
- Project Management Qualification (PMP preferred)
- Relevant 3 year degree (NQF level 7)/ diploma (NQF level 6), preferably in IT
- Develops workable implementation plans.
- Communicates changes effectively.
- Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Monitors transition and evaluate results.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others.
- Inspires respect and trust.
- Accepts feedback from others.
- Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Makes timely decisions.
- Sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Values and Behaviours:
- We are honest and respect each other.
- We challenge issues but honour commitments.
- We believe that innovation is a way of life.
- We have a passion to win; a freedom to fail; but only once for the same reason.
- We take responsibility for our actions; we are accountable for achieving results and we take ownership of our mistakes.
- We do the right thing for the right reason.
- We are part of the solution, not part of the problem.
- We are fearless with nerves of steel.
- We believe in teamwork and partnership.
- We are diverse yet united.
- We are involved yet independent.
- We believe in learning and continuous improvement.
Remuneration & Benefits:
- Annual Salary CTC
- Wellness Programs
- Flexible / Remote Working