*Please Note: SAP experience is essential for this position.
Job Title/Reporting to
IT Manager reporting to the MD: Africa located in Centurion, Pretoria
To oversee the use of Information technology (IT) in our company. You will be the one to devise the company’s IT strategy and ensure that all systems necessary to support its operations and objectives are in place.
The job incumbent will be highly analytical, professional and possess excellent organisational skills. This role will work to help store, evaluate and apply data strategies in line with best practise to our daily operations to improve company development.
Key Result Areas (Major Accountabilities) - Key Performance Indicators (SMART)
As a leader in the IT department, and an employee responsible for organisation-wide systems and information, this position would have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Set objectives and strategies for the IT department
- Select and implement suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimize strategic benefits
- Design and customize technological systems and platforms to improve customer experience
- Plan the implementation of new systems and provide guidance to IT professionals and other staff within the organization
- Approve purchases of technological equipment and software and establish partnerships with IT providers
- Oversee the technological infrastructure (networks and computer systems) in the organization to ensure optimal performance
- Direct and organize IT-related projects
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage
- Analyze the costs, value and risks of information technology to advise management and suggest actions
- Ensure compliance to data security regulations
- Oversee all systems and designing processes and procedures to ensure best-in class uptime and performance
- Manage the overall IT budget
- Ensuring company’s technological processes and service comply with all requirements, laws, and regulations
- Studying current and new industry trends, technologies, and software development
- Strategizing and implementing technology that results in company growth
- Estimating and establishing cost parameters, budgets, and potential RO
- Providing support and mentorship to IT leadership and team members
- Purchasing technology software, equipment, and accessories for the company
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems
- Proven experience as an IT Manager at managerial level
- Extensive exposure to IT systems and infrastructure
- Background in designing and developing IT systems and planning IT implementation.
- SAP experience
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting, and business operations
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- A strong strategic and business mindset
Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent
Leadership Capabilities (TBC):
- Interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Change management.
- Stakeholder management
- Strategic planning
- Project management
- Commercial acumen & budgeting
- Develops workable implementation plans.
- Communicates changes effectively.
- Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Monitors transition and evaluate results.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others.
- Inspires respect and trust.
- Accepts feedback from others.
- Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Makes timely decisions.
- Sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.