Job Title/Reporting to
Solutions Engineer reporting to the Head of Solution Engineering located in Centurion, Pretoria
The primary mission of the Solutions Engineer is to increase IoT Products/Offering/Solution sales by designing complex IoT Offerings or Solutions based on customer insights, market research and continuous improvement across either, multiple IoT Products, or focussed on an Offering or Solution depending on size and complexity
Key Result Areas (Major Accountabilities)
- Working with sales teams
- Build excellent relationships with engineering, product and sales teams, project management, delivery and supply chain
- Responsible to conduct presentations
- Responsible to conduct demos
- Building demo visualizations
- Writing proposals
- Responsible to do solution pricing
- Able to uncover customer requirements
- Collaborating with teams within the business with various focuses
- Deliver excellent customer service via constant communication
- Manage proposal mini projects within a time frame
- Completes systems such as Salesforce with productivity details and information
- Work with customers and teams that cross time zones and geographies
- Carry a gross profit target number
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Good understanding of scripting languages
- Basic embedded or pc programming skills
- Operating systems skills, in particular Linux and Windows
- Be inquisitive to research new products and technologies
- Working knowledge of office 365 tools such as Teams and Planner
- Prepared to do self-study and formal training
- Working knowledge of IoT sensor hardware
- Working knowledge of IoT concepts
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong written communication
- Strong verbal communication
- Have commanding use of English as a business language
- Have attention to detail
- Practical engineering expertise
- Willing to travel
- Service orientated focus
- Good interpersonal skills
- Use Salesforce as the main Customer Relationship Management system
- Self-starter to work by yourself
- Goal and task orientated
- Excellent judgement and decision-making skills
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology of Engineering related field
- Or equivalent
- Develops workable implementation plans.
- Communicates changes effectively.
- Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Monitors transition and evaluate results.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others.
- Inspires respect and trust.
- Accepts feedback from others.
- Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Makes timely decisions.
- Sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals
Values and Behaviours:
- We are honest and respect each other.
- We challenge issues but honour commitments.
- We believe that innovation is a way of life.
- We have a passion to win; a freedom to fail; but only once for the same reason.
- We take responsibility for our actions; we are accountable for achieving results and we take ownership of our mistakes.
- We do the right thing for the right reason.
- We are part of the solution, not part of the problem.
- We are fearless with nerves of steel.
- We believe in teamwork and partnership.
- We are diverse yet united.
- We are involved yet independent.
- We believe in learning and continuous improvement.
Remuneration & Benefits:
- Annual Salary CTC
- Wellness Programs
- Flexible / Remote Working