Job Title/Reporting to
IoT Hardware Integration Specialist to the IoT located in Centurion, Pretoria
An integration specialist works with computer systems to facilitate clear communication between software, applications and hardware over a variety of networks.
Key Result Areas (Major Accountabilities)
- Perform all job functions within the established internal controls framework for the area, including the key controls identified for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for application support during non business hours.
- Understand systems that interact and exchange information and system design details with other applications and tools like CRM (Siebel), Billing (LoadStar) and database servers (Oracle and SQL Server).
- Ensure that any known internal control problems/issues/concerns are identified and communicated on a timely basis to immediate supervisor.
- Work on system enhancements and small project development efforts as opportunities arise.
- Understand SDLC and efficient development practices to foster re-usability, maintainability and enhance ability of the software programs thus developed is also required.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- General knowledge of communication protocols (FTP, SFTP, HTTP, etc) including file encryption (PGP, AES, etc).
- General understanding of file structures (EDI, XML, Flat File, etc)
- Have mapping and BP building experience
- Proficient with databases (Oracle, SQL Server) and using PL/SQL Developer.
- Proficient in Unix/Linux
- Experienced in Java
- General understanding of OOP concepts
- Familiar with Hawk, RV, ADB, Ledgers, EMS, and other TIBCo components.
- Understand various TIBCo and GIS Components
- Bachelor’s Degree (MIS, Computer Science preferred), or commensurate experience required
- Develops workable implementation plans.
- Communicates changes effectively.
- Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Monitors transition and evaluate results.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others.
- Inspires respect and trust.
- Accepts feedback from others.
- Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Makes timely decisions.
- Sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Values and Behaviours:
- We are honest and respect each other.
- We challenge issues but honour commitments.
- We believe that innovation is a way of life.
- We have a passion to win; a freedom to fail; but only once for the same reason.
- We take responsibility for our actions; we are accountable for achieving results and we take ownership of our mistakes.
- We do the right thing for the right reason.
- We are part of the solution, not part of the problem.
- We are fearless with nerves of steel.
- We believe in teamwork and partnership.
- We are diverse yet united.
- We are involved yet independent.
- We believe in learning and continuous improvement.
Remuneration & Benefits:
- Annual Salary CTC
- Wellness Programs
- Flexible / Remote Working