Job Title/Reporting to:
IoT Pre-Sales Engineer reporting to the IoT Pre-Sales Manager located in Centurion, Pretoria
The primary mission of the IoT Pre-Sales Engineer is to increase IoT Product/Offering/Solution sales by translating customer requirements into tangible results through the development and delivery of customised use case demonstrations and Proof of Concept/Proof of Value client engagements as well as developing content for proposals and product collateral.
Key Result Areas: (Major Accountabilities)
- Specialize in one or more of the IoT.nxt Core Products, namely the IoT Commander Platform and/or IoT Edge Gateway (Raptor) and data ingestion.
- Participate in the design of Market Products/Industry Solutions according to requirements and prepare design documentation and marketing collateral.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations and demonstrations explaining Core Product, Market Products or Industry Solutions to existing as well as prospective clients.
- Own and drive usage and adoption for company’s products by being the trusted advisor to our clients, partners and resellers.
- Provide IoT.nxt Product/Solution training to company’s support staff and customers
- Provide internal feedback received from customers on IoT.nxt products, services and capabilities to product managers, technical teams and product development
- Plan and modify products and solutions to meet client needs.
- Participate in research and development of new products and solutions.
- Participate as IoT Engineering specialist in the delivery of client Proof of Concepts, Proof of Value and delivery projects.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- IoT Technical Sales Support
- IoT Product Specialist/Manager
- IoT Business Analyst/Solution Architect External:
- Third-Party Software/Device suppliers
- Deep understanding of Telemetry, M2M, Internet of Things (IoT) or Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
- Systems / Software / Principles – Cloud based, Platform as a Service, Big Data
- User Experience design
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to explain technical issues in a concise and non-technical manner to users
- Technical writing and verbal communication skills to document and explain models to and between multiple stakeholders
- Skilled in Data visualisation - the ability to present data in a meaningful and efficient manner
- Ability to work across multiple teams/projects/time zones
- Ability to learn and master new technologies with a technical and business aptitude
- Business and technical project experience with strong process analysis, design, systems thinking and documentation skills
- Excellent MS Office product knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills with superior written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented and customer focused.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines
• Technical Specialist with 2-3 years software Pre-Sales experience with a preference for IoT, M2M, Telematics or IIoT
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology of Engineering related field Or equivalent
- Change Management
- Dvelops workable implementation plans.
- Communicates changes effectively.
- Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Monitors transition and evaluate results.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others.
- Inspires respect and trust.
- Accepts feedback from others.
- Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Includes appropriate people in the sion-making process.
- Makes timely decisions.
Values and Behaviours:
- Sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- We are honest and respect each other.
- We challenge issues but honour commitments.
- We believe that innovation is a way of life.
- We have a passion to win; a freedom to fail; but only once for the same reason.
- We take responsibility for our actions; we are accountable for achieving results and we take ownership of our mistakes.
- We do the right thing for the right reason
- We are part of the solution, not part of the problem.
- We are fearless with nerves of steel.
- We believe in teamwork and partnership.
- We are diverse yet united.
- We are involved yet independent
- We believe in learning and continuous improvement.