Job Title/Reporting to
Sales Lead reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer located in Centurion, Pretoria.
To Lead, coach and develop a highly engaged, motivated & skilled Field Sales Team. Driving for results by achieving planned Sales growth Targets and in store Metrics, through best in class execution of Portfolio, Channel and Customer Strategies.
Key Result Areas (Major Accountabilities)
- Formulate, implement and drive an effective Field sales strategy.
- Communicates the sales vision, objectives, strategies, tactics, sales plans, profit target, route to- market, focus and priorities to achieve the annual net sales, distribution, market share and visit clients.
- Develops and implements strategic plans to increase retail and wholesale distribution to maximize the availability of Multi sales products at every point of sale.
- Develop Sales Organisation, Capability & Effectiveness
- Build and design an effective Field sales organization based on company direction for current and future business growth.
- To lead, manage, coach and develop a highly engaged team of Sales Managers and Territory Development Managers to deliver excellence in execution, while creating a succession funnel for future roles.
- Actively develop the capability of the Field sales team through the selection process and with on-going coaching to ensure that they are well equipped to execute the sales strategy.
- Facilitate the sharing of “best practices” across the SA organisation.
- To manage and engage our 3rd party sales & merchandising partners at a snr level to ensure the correct RTM structures, capability & systems are in place to meet the growth targets & sales metrics set out by our business.
- To partner with the Sales & Export Director to develop relevant skills development programmes, system capability & category knowledge, for the Sales Force to enable them to drive Best in Class execution.
- Drive compliance in the (Quality Management Processes) standards
Route to Market Optimization
- To continually re-evaluate the current & develop new RTM service solutions for South Africa to service our Customers at the highest of standards to maximize excellence in execution & availability
- Deliver the annual sales targets for the organization & measure the sales initiatives of the Field sales force on an ongoing basis and realign where necessary to assure value add.
- To build collaborative relationships internally with key stakeholder departments (Customer, Portfolio, Category & Supply Chain), to assist in developing better RTM solutions to improve our execution of business activities in the market place.
- To build collaborative relationships with key positions within Customers (Regional Teams, DC Replenishes & Buyers) to enable the efficient & effective execution.
- Financial management of Costs (Sales & Merchandising Cost to serve, Travel, Communication, Meetings, On site visits, Company assets)
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- IoT knowledge
- Solid understand of solution-based selling
- Assertive and excellent negotiation skills
- Must have open communication skills with a strong convincing personality, must have a problem-solving mentality and are customer and service orientated.
- Must be willing to travel abroad frequently (short-term assignments)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Sales Manager in the IT sector
- Relevant Commercial or Business degree
- Develops workable implementation plans.
- Communicates changes effectively.
- Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Monitors transition and evaluate results.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others.
- Inspires respect and trust.
- Accepts feedback from others.
- Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Makes timely decisions.
- Sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Values and Behaviours:
- We are honest and respect each other.
- We challenge issues but honour commitments.
- We believe that innovation is a way of life.
- We have a passion to win; a freedom to fail; but only once for the same reason.
- We take responsibility for our actions; we are accountable for achieving results and we take ownership of our mistakes.
- We do the right thing for the right reason.
- We are part of the solution, not part of the problem.
- We are fearless with nerves of steel.
- We believe in teamwork and partnership.
- We are diverse yet united.
- We are involved yet independent.
- We believe in learning and continuous improvement.
Remuneration & Benefits:
- Annual Salary CTC
- Wellness Programs
- Felxible/Remote Working