Job Title/Reporting to
Stock Controller reporting to the Head of Finance located in Centurion, Pretoria
The primary mission of the IoT Stock Controller is to ensure that shipments are constantly tracked, overseeing inventory audits and maintaining reports of purchases and pricing
Key Result Areas (Major Accountabilities)
- Stock management end to end
- Forecasting supply and demand to prevent overstocking and running out of stock
- Record daily deliveries and shipments to reconcile
- Receiving and dispatching of goods
- Track of shipments and address delays
- Coordinate monthly inventory stock takes
- Coordinate regular stock audits
- Maintain register of stock that has been taken to test etc.
- Monthly review of register and keep updated inventory
- Identify slow moving stock
- Ensure orders are placed to replenish stock avoiding insufficiencies or excessive stock
- Monthly GL to system reconciliations
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Working knowledge of inventory management software (e.g. ERP)
- Ability to accurately track inventory and create reports
- An analytical mind with strong math skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Reliable and trustworthy
- 1-2-year experience in a Procurement environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business Administration or relevant field
- Or equivalent
Leadership Capabilities (TBC):
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to explain technical issues in a concise and non-technical manner to users
- Ability to work across multiple teams/projects/time zones
- Ability to learn and master new technologies with a technical and business aptitude
- Business and technical project experience with strong process analysis, design, systems thinking and documentation skills
- Excellent MS Office product knowledge (MS Excel Advanced experience)
- SAGE/Pastel Experience required
- Strong interpersonal skills with superior written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented and customer focused.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines
- Develops workable implementation plans.
- Communicates changes effectively.
- Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Monitors transition and evaluate results.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others.
- Inspires respect and trust.
- Accepts feedback from others.
- Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Makes timely decisions.
- Sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Values and Behaviours:
- We are honest and respect each other.
- We challenge issues but honour commitments.
- We believe that innovation is a way of life.
- We have a passion to win; a freedom to fail; but only once for the same reason.
- We take responsibility for our actions; we are accountable for achieving results and we take ownership of our mistakes.
- We do the right thing for the right reason.
- We are part of the solution, not part of the problem.
- We are fearless with nerves of steel.
- We believe in teamwork and partnership.
- We are diverse yet united.
- We are involved yet independent.
- We believe in learning and continuous improvement.