Job Title / Reporting to:
Strategic Partner Acquisition Lead reporting to the Group Head: Professional Partner Network, located in Centurion, Pretoria
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic, organised self-starter to join our Professional Partner Network team in Centurion, Pretoria.
The Strategic Partner Acquisition Lead is focusing on mid-term business development activities across the entire partner portfolio of IoT.nxt, made of Northbound (Revenue focused) and Southbound (Service focused) partners.
The main purpose of this position is to expand IoT.nxt’s ecosystem into areas aligned to the company strategy. This is done by developing and implementing strategies to identify, recruit and establish successful relationships with partners able to unlock quick-time-to-results opportunities.
Key Result Areas: (Major Accountabilities)
Smart Outbound Campaign Development & Roll-Out:
- Screens the market to identify potential partners (Competitive Resellers, OEMs, ISVs, Vertical Industry, Market Development, Alliance, SIs, Services and non-traditional partners)
- Build a strategic map against several dimensions: geography, industries, solutions where we can identify gaps, coverage priorities, flag our competitors and their partners and formulate tactical plans to bring them to our ecosystem of professional partner. Deliverable: target list of potential strategic partners.
- Develop a playbook to approach, attract, engage and sign these partners up.
- Prepare and executes the recruitment process in IoT.nxt PRM system.
- Establish relationships with Partner Senior Management, including C-level, that will drive the necessary levels of strategic focus through the life of the relationship.
- Supports Partner onboarding process in close collaboration with our Partner Program, PSA(*), Partner Enablement and Partner Business Management teams until 1st transaction is closed or delivered, and sufficient pipeline has been built.
- Over-achieve monthly and quarterly partner acquisition targets.
- Develops and materialise partner acquisition campaigns based on the PPN strategy in collaboration with regional/local PPN team members, marketing, legal, field sales management and other relevant units of IoT.nxt.
- Coordinates roll-out of campaigns with local sales management in order to natively promote indirect channel sales.
- Assesses strengths and opportunities of partner business on a constant basis, aligning with IoT.nxt’s business aspirations – in alignment with management.
- Supports the improvement of sales and delivery efficiency by making new partner relationships available just in time, ensuring the right content and knowledge is delivered as required, and that skills are developed in line with joint business plans.
- Assists in the identification of future opportunities for mutual business expansion covering all relevant areas (solution development, industry-focus, regional-focus, etc.) in collaboration with the Partner Business Managers.
- Initiates and drive corresponding projects (mid-long term) from IoT.nxt side which help expand the business for both parties.
- Builds a community of best performance partners through collaboration with our Partner Enablement team and recognition of our top partners and their high potential across the diverse markets.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with our partners’ executive, sales and services teams and key internal stakeholders
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in partner business (Sales, Marketing, Business Dev. or other).
- Proven success of building strong relationships and partnerships
- Understanding the principles of Solution / Platform as a Service selling through Partners.
- Ability to articulate and position IoT.nxt’s Professional Partner Network Value Proposition along with Partner Return On Investment at C-level.
- Knowing of having successful experience in multi-channels go to market strategies.
- Knowledge and understanding of Partner dynamics.
- Analytical, structured thinker, with the ability to assess business opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to think and communicate creatively, thoughtfully and on your feet.
- Be a self-starter, with a high degree of motivation to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to thrive under minimal guidance. Tenacious, dedicated and thrives working with ownership, autonomy, and a healthy dose of competition.
- Have the ability to shift from big picture to detailed operations whilst showing professional attributes.
- An opportunist who can identify quick winning opportunities that are in line with the business strategy.
- Strong commercial acumen and a passion for sales, to correctly interpret trends, patterns from available data and formulate effective strategies and actions in achieving program/project objectives.
- Be target driven and passionate about sales and target achievements.
- Articulate and a successful and confident presenter.
- Understanding of the various phases of project management including initiating, planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure.
- Business level English.
- Business level local language.
- Solid familiarity with Microsoft Office tools, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge in CRM systems (preferably Salesforce.com), PRM Systems (such as Allbound, AppDirect, Channeltivity, ChannelXperts, Computer Market Research, Comviva, Impartner, Magentrix, Mindmatrix, Oracle, Salesforce, Webinfinity, Zift Solutions or ZINFI Technologies).
- Bachelor or equivalent: minimum
- Master or equivalent: preferred
Values and Behaviours:
We are honest and respect each other.
We challenge issues but honour commitments.
We believe that innovation is a way of life.
We have a passion to win; a freedom to fail; but only once for the same reason.
We take responsibility for our actions; we are accountable for achieving results and we take ownership of our mistakes.
We do the right thing for the right reason.
We are part of the solution, not part of the problem.
We are fearless with nerves of steel.
We believe in teamwork and partnership.
We are diverse yet united.
We are involved yet independent.
We believe in learning and continuous improvement.
Remuneration & Benefits:
Annual Salary CTC