The Future of Mining
The mining industry has to change. Ready to move your mine into the future?
It is no longer enough to focus merely on extraction grades. Operational managers have to adopt a systems theory approach and look at the effect of single process efficiencies on the entire mining value chain to drive productivity. Horizontal interoperability of disparate systems is crucial, as is the protection of legacy systems and devices. A seemingly insurmountable task, with a relatively simple solution – IoT.
Create a complete overview of your entire operation, digitise it, and optimise it. Surprisingly, it’s not as complex or high-tech as you’d think, can be overlaid in a short amount of time with little to no disruption to your business and can incorporate all your existing systems, devices and equipment. Well, our solution can.
Benefits of IoT for Mining
Significantly reduced time latency
- Proactive management of variance and discrepancies.
- Predictive and incident analysis.
- Real-time evidence bagging.
- Better management, design and control of the mining environment.
- The IoT.nxt platform enables interconnectivity and interoperability between various production processes.
- Algorithms reduce system redundancy, making automation of processes possible.
- Integration of machine information and predictive analytics detect wear and tear on vital equipment, leading to increased productivity.
Energy and water efficiency
Integrates the entire mining ecosystem into a single overview of all processes
- Water systems;
- Energy and waste management.
Increased production efficiency
- Integrates disparate legacy systems into a horizontal platform allowing for integrated downtime management.
What sets us apart
- Horizontal integration of ‘islands’ of digitisation
- Unified and integrated IoT platform
- Enablement of non -discretional and dynamic business decision support
- Agile deployment – start small and scale up
- Simple customisation and configuration of the product suite
- API-led integration methodology
- Agile digital transformation is key – Disrupt or be disrupted
- Unprecedented ROI
- Future-proof digital transformation strategies
- Enables client to deploy best of breed technology
- Allows business to leverage off existing infrastructure
- Immediate business process impact
“IoT.nxt accelerated the digitalisation of our business, offering us a scalable solution that provided us with a holistic view of our business processes and the ability to deploy changes in real time, benefiting overall business efficiency greatly.”
– Eric Croeser, Manager Mining Exxaro Resources, NBC Coal
In 2016, IoT.nxt was recognised by both Gartner and Davinci TT100 for innovation. We are recognised by Microsoft as being one of the leading IoT players in their partner programme and are a Deloitte Preferred Partner for the deployment of digital IoT solutions in Africa, Europe and developing regions in Canada, US, Mexico and Europe.
This year, we were invited to take part in the Collision Conference in New Orleans, to discuss issues affecting the global IoT sector.
The IoT.nxt Advantage
IoT.nxt is a unique rapid digitisation technology enabler that future proofs enterprises in mining, enabling them to leverage existing infrastructure investment and integrate into new technologies. The resulting interoperability and interconnectivity breaks down data silos and cuts out vendor lock in.
Our IoT solution allows our clients to rapidly transform their businesses and move into the digital age.
The digitisation of our world is fundamentally changing the way we interact with everything around us. Central to this transformation is data which, using IoT, can be unlocked in real time cutting out the inherent latency that typically accompanies data transfer and consolidating different formats of data residing in various parts of businesses.
Improved network reliability and capability, along with cloud-based Big Data engines and machine learning technologies, create more accessible and complete data feeds and, ultimately, more accurate and dynamic predictive algorithmic models.
We believe the solution for handling all this data, the associated costs and data security lies in edge computing and intelligent gateway technology.
Correctly implemented, these core digitisation technologies lay the foundation required for true transformation, obviating risks and potential data overload on networks.
The performance of Big Data technology is highly dependent on the correct implementation of Internet of Things technology – the ability to connect devices, sensors, machines, and ‘all things’ to a network or Internet. Successfully achieving this connectivity in real-time enables more to be fed into our cloud-based predictive models with the data they need to churn out insightful trends. This, combined with cognitive analytics and AI, shifts us into a new paradigm.